Thursday, June 26, 2008

Partial Diagnosis

06/23/2008

Diagnosis: Indeterminate Colitis. Moderately active involving the recto-sigmoid (the rectum and the part above it... the lower portion below the descending colon).

In the rectum the mucosa was granular, congested and erythematous. Moderate congestion and erythema seen from the rectum to 30cm. Findings could be compatible with mild to moderate U.C. Vs infection.

For years they told me it was just IBS. For years I've struggled and watched my energy and health decline, not knowing what is wrong with me, although all my reading and education on the matter of digestive health lead me to believe I had Crohn's, UC, or both. I think that this is only part of the story though.

Awaiting the biopsy results now for a more formal diagnosis.
Jason

No comments: